Desert Mission Food Bank
The link between hunger and poor health is undeniable. Desert Mission is combatting hunger across the income spectrum by helping to bridge nutrition gaps that negatively affect the health and well-being of community residents and HonorHealth patients alike.
Desert Mission offers several free and reduced cost food programs, nutrition education, and resource and referral services. Whether using Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program/food stamp benefits to buy food or receiving a free federal emergency food box, countless clients rely on the food bank.
Desert Mission clients shop at the food bank as they would in a regular grocery store. Clients make their grocery selections with the help of our customer-service volunteers who guide them through the market and provide carry-out service.
Emergency rent, utility and community resources
This is a resource list provided as a courtesy of HonorHealth Desert Mission. Information may change at any time. Always call ahead before going to any of the listed agencies. We do not intend to exclude and we specifically disclaim any endorsement of any provider listed.
Desert Mission Food Bank Programs
- Emergency food box This food distribution program provides monthly food packages for individuals and families who live in Desert Mission’s service area and are in crisis.
- Senior food box Desert Mission Food Bank gives income-qualified seniors residing in a Desert Mission service area a food box each month.
- Infant emergency food box program New parents can secure food each month that meet their baby’s developmental needs from newborn to 12 months of age.
- Bargain basket program Our Bargain Basket program offers groceries at a significant discount to help families stretch their food budgets. We accept cash and SNAP/Food Stamps.
- Gardening classes These seasonal classes help individuals learn how and what types of produce they can grow, increasing the nutritional value and size of the meals they prepare.
- Nutrition education Using food distributed through Desert Mission Food Bank, we teach clients how to make healthy eating a tasty and affordable reality.
- Snack pack program We work with local schools to provide weekly bags of nutritious, kid-friendly food for school-age children to ensure they have enough to eat over the weekend.
Find out how to receive support
For more information about these programs, including eligibility, call 602-870-6062.