Desert Mission Food Bank
Feeding the Hungry
At Desert Mission, we know that some of our neighbors struggle to meet their basic needs, such as feeding themselves and their families. We provide emergency food assistance in a dignified and respectful manner to qualified individuals within our service area to help them move from crisis to food security.
Desert Mission Food Bank offers the following programs in support of this effort:
- Emergency Food Program: This food distribution program provides monthly food packages for individuals and families in crisis. Learn more about this program and its eligibility guidelines.
- Supplemental Food Program for Seniors: Desert Mission’s Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) is a federally funded food distribution program that provides monthly food packages to seniors who reside in Arizona and meet Federal Poverty Level Guidelines. Learn more about this program and its eligibility guidelines (PDF).
- 4th Street Market/Bargain Basket Program: Desert Mission’s food bank is designed in a market format so our clients shop as they would in a regular grocery store. Clients make their grocery selections at our 4th Street Market with the help of our customer-service volunteers who guide them through the market and provide carry-out service. Through our Bargain Basket program (PDF), we offer grocery items at a significant discount to help families stretch their food budgets. We accept cash and SNAP/Food Stamp benefits. Learn more about this program and its eligibility guidelines (PDF).
- Snack Pac Program: Many children on the free and reduced lunch program are at risk of going hungry over the weekend. Desert Mission Food Bank provides food for these children. We distribute approximately 4,500 nutritious, kid-friendly food packages each month to 23 local schools and agencies.
To be eligible for emergency food assistance, you must:
- Reside in the Desert Mission Food Bank service area, which includes the following ZIP codes: 85020, 85021, 85022, 85023, 85024, 85027, 85028, 85029, 85032, 85050, 85051, 85253, 85254, 85053, 85085, 85086, 85087 and 85331.
- Bring valid identification for the person applying.
- Bring proof of residence for all adults in the household. We will accept the following as proof of residence:
- Any postmarked mail less than 60 days old with the name and address of the person applying.
- Lease agreement.
- State or federal identification issued in the last six months with an address in our service area.
If you’re interested in learning more about eligibility for the Desert Mission Food Bank’s programs, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with a Desert Mission Eligibility staff member. To get started, please call 602-870-6027.
How Can You Help?
There are many opportunities to contribute to Desert Mission Food Bank. Whether you’d like to volunteer, run a food drive, donate food or make a donation, we welcome your help. Learn more about how to get involved.
Location and hours
Located on the campus of John C. Lincoln Medical Center.
9229 N. Fourth St.
Phoenix, AZ 85020
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Wednesday
8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Friday